Friday, January 18, 2013

300" - 400" B & C Class Whitetail

I did a little work for a Fort Worth family a couple years ago and after getting to know them, I found they own the 4M Ranch. From their website, "The 4M Ranch is located near Paluxy, Texas in eastern Erath county. Considered plateau country in the northern part of the Texas Hill Country, the ranch is just a short drive from the DFW Metroplex." The 1,800 acre ranch offers both Texas whitetail hunts and Texas exotic hunts and after taking a quick peek at their website, I got extremely excited. I thought "I'd better get to know this family a LOT better". Then I looked a little closer and my eyes about popped out of my head. The title said "Texas Whitetail Breeding" and if you take a look at what combining superior whitetail genetics looks like, it will leave you scratching your head.

Now, I don't want to get into a debate, (I'm a little tired of dealing with the whole gun ban), but I will make several points.

  1. This was a wonderful family.
  2. They run a first-class operation.
  3. They produce 300"- 400" B & C class whitetail...not a typing error.
  4. It's a BIG business.
Take a look at what genetic manipulation can create. WOW!

whitetail, buck, deer, trophy

whitetail, buck, deer, trophy

whitetail, deer, buck, trophy

Now, since this is my blog, I will express several of my own personal beliefs.
  1. I don't believe in genetic manipulation for the purpose of sport. Just isn't for me.
  2. I don't believe in high fences.
  3. I don't believe shooting deer with a rifle to be hunting...sporting yes, but not what I define as "hunting".
  4. I believe we need tougher gun laws and better enforcement.
  5. I'm not smart enough to know what that should look like.
  6. I am a gun owner.
  7. I think too many idiots are speaking out on behalf of gun owners. 
  8. I think most of those idiots should not own a gun.
  9. Owning a gun does not make me feel any more or less safe.
  10. I think Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone. Are you still reading?
I could keep going, but that should suffice for now. Have a wonderful weekend.



No comments: