Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Getting Back To "OLD SCHOOL" Thinking and Living

Before getting into the topic too much, I will say this is selective "Old School" thinking for me. I dig my Ipad and Iphone; both simplify my life professionally and I think they're amazing. However, both end up on the window sill every evening when I get home. 

I enjoy all sports so I think I'll keep my DirecTV package and television.

And music keeps my home "thumping" so when the time comes, I will be upgrading to the next great Bose system. 

Other than that, the system goes like this; If I haven't touched it for the year...Craigslist, garage sale, donate, trash. It will fall into one or all the categories and everything will be filtered. I'm just tired of all the ****. You have to live in this neighborhood, your house has to be this big, your kids have to go to this school, your vehicle has to look this way, AND you have to shoot this bow, you have to have that gun, you have to wear this camo, and use that scent block. Can't keep this post all serious. 

Anyways, my mentality shift got me thinking of hunting and how it used to be. I love all these vintage hunting photographs and noticed no camo, no scopes, no cam systems, just keeping it simple. Crazy how they all still filled their tag...go figure.

Now I just hope my wife sticks around for the ride.  

history, hunting, fishing, outoors

history, hunting, fishing, outdoors

history, hunting, fishing, outdoors

history, hunting, fishing, outdoors

hunting, fishing, outdoors, history

history, hunting, fishing, outdoors

history, hunting, fishing, outdoors

2 comments:

plainolme said...

I LIVE IN A 1 RM CABIN THAT HAS NO RUNNING WATER,AN OUTHOUSE FOR A JOHN AND NEVER HAD ELEC, SERVICE HOOKED TO IT. I LOVE IT. I CARRY MY WATER IN 2 6 GALLON JUGS. I PUT UP SOLAR PANELS AND A WINDMILL GEN FOR POWER. HEAT WITH WOOD AND COOK THAT WAY SOMETIME. I AM AWAY FROM CIVILIZATION MOST OF THE TIME BUT OH WELL. THE LIVING IS GREAT, JUST WISH THERE WERE MORE FEMALES THAT GOT INTO THAT LIFESTYLE

Rod McBellanic said...

You needed to be around in a different generation. I'm impressed with your lifestyle, but don't think many females would be up for the roughin' it lifestyle. Keep after it and good luck.