Monday, December 10, 2012

SHOT Show 2013 - Products on my Christmas list

shot show, exhibitors, products, field dress
This year marks the 35th year of the SHOT Show and should be the best yet for professionals involved in the shooting, hunting, and law enforcement agencies.

Every year I'm amazed at the qualiy of exhibitors and enjoy seeing all the new and innovative products to hit the market. As always, this year won't disappoint attendees. Although, it's not open to the public, it's website allows us unfortunate souls the ability to take a look at everything we can dream of to add to this years Christmas list.

Although I expect Santa to bless our humble abode, I don't envision much of the following list to appear Christmas morning. I'll start with a couple stocking stuffers I found that peaked my interest.

As a father of four, we like to spend a lot of time outside. A unique concept in today's age of television, Ipads, wii games, and computers. Living in Texas, mosquitos are a constant menace and the only thing driving us indoors. I found a company called BugBand, advertising as the natural insect repellent company. They have a wide array of products from wrist bands, toweletts, and pump sprays, but I especially want to try their spreadable repellent for the yard and gardens. I'll be sure to follow-up with a product review this spring.

A company called Nite Ize, offers an LED flashlight I have to have for my collection. It's called the INOVA X2 and the website states "it has an effective range of 443 ft. and its beam can be seen in the dark up to two miles." This may be a little overkill for your typical blood trail, but what a enjoyable way to annoy the neighbors or flash speeding cars coming down the road.

I come from a family of pheasant hunters and a product I should've come up with years ago is the Quick-Shot holster from Peregrine Field Gear. When walking for pheasants, I would sometimes rest the shotgun on my upper thigh, the Quick-Shot holster is a simple and yet engenious way to not only support your shotgun or rifle, but keeps it in a convenient and safe shooting position. It seems to have been on the market for several years, but it's the first time I've come across it.

I guess it was only a matter of time before Smartphones made its mark on the outdoor industry. Not sure how much traction it'll gain, but defintiely something cool to try sometime. The company is called IScope and offers a patent-pending Smartphone scope adapter which allows the user to see a full-screen  view of what you would normally see through your scope. You will now be able to aim, shoot, film, and share your hunt immediately to the online world. Pretty amazing...you have to check it out!

Before I leave this earth, I have to have a shotgun made for me by FAMARS. They've been building smallbore guns with lavish engraving since 1967 and I find the workmanship and detail of their guns to be more like a work of art. A particular favorite is the Leonardo Over-and-Under sidelock with its meticulous design detail. It probably costs as much as my home, but after the kids finish college, the house is paid off, I've sold my company, retired, and struck oil, I had to bookmark this site.

Being in Dallas, TX, I want to be able to drive up to the car pool lane in style with my SUV from Lenco. Lenco is the nation's leading designer and manufacturer of tactical armored security vehicles and is a must have if you think you are more important than you actually are but really cool nontheless. The Lenco Bearcat VIP SUV Model is a personal protection vehicle that offers significantly higher ballistic and blast protection than is possible in an armored suburban and of course, offers optional blast seats. This vehicle is a beast and when the website states "to protect the security of our customers, the remainder of this section and additional information is password protected and is only available to Law Enforcement, Military, and Government Agencies", you know you're not dealing with the ordinary family SUV.

There is a ton more exhibitors to review, I think about 1,600. So if you have a few hours to take a peak at all the amazing companies for all your hunting, fishing, and tactical needs, head on over to SHOT Show.org and enjoy.

Summary of List

  1. BugBand
  2. Nite Ize
  3. Peregrine Field Gear
  4. IScope
  5. Famars
  6. Lenco

No comments: